Presenting Gail Doane's
"Beginner French Hand Sewing by Machine"
Live from Gail's sewing room this skills improvement webinar will elevate your French Hand Sewing by Machine skills to the next level!
Join Gail Saturday Feb 13th from 9am - 12pm (MT)
Registration is Now Closed
Seminar Topic: Beginner French Hand Sewing by Machine
Explore this elegant stitching technique that replicates the exquisite detail of hand-made christening gowns and baptismal gowns from over 100 years ago.
Learn to work with many different fine materials:
- Imported French lace
- Imported Swiss laces
- Swiss batiste
- Imported Swiss cotton.
This stitching technique will give you the unique skill needed to make one of a kind garments that will be treasured for years.
Skill Building Seminar: What to Expect
Skill-Building Seminar is a live sewing webinar straight from Gail’s sewing room to yours. This engaging training, via Zoom video technology, will be a deep dive into a core heirloom sewing skillset, French Hand Sewing by Machine. With Gail as your guide, follow a carefully crafted curriculum designed to increase your sewing skills and confidence.
What you'll experience:
- Live online training broadcast straight from Gail's sewing room (Only Gail's video feed will be visible)
- Detailed closeups and demos focused on teaching you to improve your skills (Multiple cameras and angles)
- Dedicated time for Q&A focused on the seminar topic (Written questions can be easily submitted electronically)
We Reinvented Sewing Class
The Highest-Quality Instruction
- Watch close-up shots of Gail's masterfully experienced hands as they reveal every subtlety and nuance needed for the perfect stitch
- Approach your garment sewing projects with a newfound sense of confidence after sharpening your French Hand Sewing by Machine skills
The Most Convenient Experience
- Leave the time, headache, and expense of travel behind and refine your skills from the comfort of your own sewing room
- Refresh and improve your technique or learn something new for the first time. All skill levels are encouraged to participate.
What Gail's students are saying about Skill-Building Seminar...
“Worth every penny”
"Gail is perfection personified!"
"I'll be signing up for the next [one]"
“This was having a front row seat!"
"Outstanding, so informative!"
"Money very well spent"
Meet Your Instructor: Gail Doane
Gail was born and raised in Canada and now lives just outside Salt Lake City, Utah. Mostly self-taught, she is detail oriented but prepared to 'break the rules'. A self-described heirloom sewing addict, Gail brings to the classroom 30 years of experience, having dressed seven children, and now an ever-expanding number of grandchildren, in beautiful heirloom clothing. Her work first appeared in Australian Smocking & Embroidery in 2000 and Inspirations in 2008.
Gail's Sewing Has Been Featured In
We Surveyed Over 100 of Gail's Past Sewing Students
Here's what they thought of their online sewing experience:
- Average rating for skill improvement:
4.78 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Average rating for online format:
4.90 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Average rating for overall experience:
4.98 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Likelihood to recommend to a friend:
4.95 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Important Questions and Answers About Skill-Building Seminars
What is a Webinar?
How do I access the event?
What technology do I need to be able to successfully participate in this webinar?
What if I need to cancel?
Do I need any materials or supplies to participate in this event?
I do not live in the United States. Can I still participate in the event?
Can I record the webinar?
Will I be able to interact with the instructor and the other participants?
This content-packed course covers 18 different French Hand Sewing by Machine techniques
- Lace to Lace
- Lace to Entredeux
- Entredeux to Fabric
- Entredeux to Gathered Fabric
- Lace Edging to Fabric
- Tatting to Fabric
- Entredeux to Gathered Fabric
- Insertion Lace Lock
- French Seams
- Puffing Strips
- Mitering Lace Insertion Around a Corner or a Point
- Mitering Entredeux Around a Corner or a Point
- Mitering Lace Edging Around a Corner or a Point
- Lace Shaping/Simple Scallop
- Mock Roll Hem by Hand
- Ribbon Roses